Designer Compost Toilet
Please note that we have a long lead time and the moment. Please contact us via our online shop to find out how long it is.
A stylish and spacious, designer wooden composting toilet that will add some charm to your surroundings, wherever you choose to put your loo.
Originally commissioned for an equestrian centre in Cambridgshire, this compost toilet is an ideal solution for people looking to put toilet facilities on a remote site without water or electricity, or simply looking for an attractive toilet building to complement the natural envrionment.
Popular on glamping and camping sites, school playing fields and allotment sites across the UK, our composting toilets offer excellent functionality in a beautiful wooden structure, built by hand using local and sustainably sourced materials.
This Designer Compost Toilet was built in collaboration with fellow South African wood worker and designer Ryan Frank, who specialises in beautiful and functional furniture made from ply.
Like the Bog Standard and the Gypsy Caravan composting toilets, this compost loo uses the wheelie bin composting system for collecting and storing the humanure, and a urine separating system to ensure no smells and a high grade end compost product.
You can learn more about how our composting toilets work here.
The Designer Composting Toilet is supplied with everything you need to get started straight away.
- Wooden compost toilet building, supplied flat-pack with easy to follow self-assembly instructions
- Two 240 litre wheelie bins - one for current use and one to leave resting when full
- Urine separator with attachments and hosing
- 20 litre plastic container for collecting urine (if not diverted to a soakaway)
- Wooden toilet seat with lid
- Toilet roll dispenser
- Base platform, door and steps
- User’s Manual to help you get the most out of your compost loo
- Hand sanitiser dispenser
- Solar lights