Basic Composting Toilet
Please note that we have a long lead time and the moment. Please contact us via our online shop to find out how long it is.
This is the most basic version of our popular Bog Standard composting toilet, which uses the age-old bucket system for collecting humanure and is great for use in your school, garden or on your allotment.
Wonderfully simple, this system requires no water or electricity, and is free of smells when managed well. All you need to add into the bucket is a handful of soak (sawdust or other carbon rich material) after each use.
The Basic Composting Toilet is a great option for people requiring a lower structure than our standard Bog as it does not use a wheelie bin and therefore requires no steps up to the cubicle.
- Wooden compost toilet building, supplied flat-pack
- Bucket to collect humanure in
- Urine separator with attachments and hosing
- 20 litre plastic container for collecting urine (if not diverted to a soakaway)
- Wooden toilet seat with lid
- Toilet roll dispenser
- Door and window
- Easy to follow self-assembly instructions
- User’s Manual to help you get the most out of your Free Range loo
If you require a low-usage compost toilet, then this is the loo for you: when the bucket is full you simply lift it out from under the toilet seat and empty the contents onto a designated humanure composting pile outside.
Unlike the classic bucket system toilets, the Basic Composting Toilet uses a urine separator to divert the wee away from the solids. Separating the urine is particularly useful for eliminating any smells and once collected it can then be used as a fertiliser on the garden (diluted 1:10 in water).
200cm high x 90cm wide x 120cm deep