The Bog Standard uses our innovative urine separator that separates the urine from the solids and keeps the toilet odour-free and healthy. Researched and designed by us, the urine separator is a nifty little piece of plastic that is attached with runners or screws to the bottom of the compost toilet seat platform, for hassle free urine separation and excellent composting results.
Whether you run a glamping site, are a member of an allotment association, or have a remote site requiring toilet facilities, these plans contain everything you need if you fancy building your own compost loo. An easy to follow, step by step guide that we have put together ourselves, containing all the knowledge we have acquired through our search for the perfect design of attractive, low-cost, waterless composting toilet.
1. Construction guide from beginning to end
2. Photographs and illustrations throughout
3. Materials you need and a guide to where to get them and how much they cost
4. Complete cutting list of all the timber you will need
5. Siting suggestions
6. Tips on urine separation and how to produce the perfect compost